Place the Trimming Spinner on the bottom of a pot or mug while trimming. A finger of the potters left hand rests in the concave center allowing the potter to stabilize the trimming hand while trimming. The wider footprint disperses downward pressure to help prevent a thin-walled piece from collapsing. Thin foam rubber backing grips the piece. There are no moving parts. The colored lines on the Trimming Spinner are provided for making convenient division hash marks.
A weighted string or fishing line can be looped through the center hole and pulled/hung to mark lines down the side of a piece, in lieu of a laser.
• Aids in trimming
• Works well with our StickyBat and StickyPads
• Colored division lines for quick reference markings
• Potters and hand builders love them
• Provides wider area to disperses downward pressure
• Helps prevent a thin-walled piece from collapsing
• Allows trimming hand to be stabilized on other hand
• Convenient marks for 1/2 to 1/9th divisions etc
• Rubber grip works better than a bottle cap or credit card
• Use all appropriate safety precautions
• Keep gentle downward pressure while piece is turning