DiamondCore® Tools’ L2 Diamond Stylus Tool features a diamond Sgraffito tip on both ends. This pottery carving tool is perfect for Sgraffito detailing and arcs on dry clay.
- Diamond Sgraffito tips on both ends
- Leopardwood foam-grip pencil handles
- Diamond “crown” tip on one end
- 0.7 mm diamond ball tip on the other end
- Wood grain may vary
- Pencil-like freehand carving
- Fine sgraffito detailing on dry clay
- Fine carving on drier clay
- Cleanup of bisque lines/grooves
- Foam grip reduces fatigue
- Long-lasting diamond tips
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
If I could only have one carving sgraffito tool this would be the one! The carving tip is absolutely the perfect size for outlines and thin designs. Also great for signatures and writing. The crown tip is perfect for cleaning up greenware and bisque. This is always my first choice when I'm doing fine carvings on greenware. It feels like DiamondCore made this tool special for me, it's just the best! And of course it is light weight with soft cushions for my fingers. So even if I am carving for 8 hours my hands are not weighed down from a bulky tool.
I was a portrait artist before I started doing pottery. Now, a lot of my work features sgraffito and these tools feel natural to use like a pencil. They are strong and have nice grips which give them a high quality look & feel. I love how easily they carve through clay, especially when bone dry. This tool has a unique shape that allows for more calligraphy style lines. The other side is smooth and gives nice rounded lines.