Say hello to the R9 Double Round Handheld Clay Extruder, designed for creating clean and beautiful handles for your ceramic pieces. The R9 makes a double-rounded shape for slab-built platters and dishes.
- Slices through a slab to make a double-rounded handle shape
- Angled, stainless-steel blade leaves clean edges and pulls through clay effortlessly
- 4 3/8-inch (11 cm)-long hardwood handle
- Great for feet, handles, and more
- Adjustable-depth ski controls the thickness of the cut
- Thumb screw allows for easy ski adjustment
- Max approx. blade width 22 mm X height 13 mm
- Min approx. blade width 21 mm X height 9 mm
- Wood grain may vary
- Make feet for slab-built pieces
- Ideal for hand-builders and useful for throwers
- Consistent shape and adjustable thickness
- So easy to use; avoid all that pulling
- Works on a variety of clay types
- Always-sharp stainless-steel blade won’t rust or shatter
- A variety of basic and intricate shapes are available
- Not designed to be used with extremely wet or sticky clay
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
For best results, use these foot and handle-making tools when the clay is not extremely wet or sticky. The clay tool blade should be clean and dry. Ideally, pull the extrusion up and out as it is being formed or fold back the sides of the slab so the extrusion pops up and out.
This clay extruder is such a cool idea! Not only can I make a handle so much more easily than the traditional way, but I also use this tool to create decorative ribbons on my work. If you get creative with it it doesn't just have to be used for making handles! It also cuts through the clay so satisfyingly easily.