The Classic Shapes Handheld Clay Extruder Set includes the R4 Concave, R5 Middle Ridge and R6 Oval handheld clay extruders. It's part of our popular series of handheld clay extruders, designed for creating clean and beautiful handles, feet or other creative elements for your ceramic pieces.
The super sharp blades on these tools are engineered to pull through a slab of clay and produce a variety of precise shapes. Our DiamondCore® advanced blade technology and depth-control feature allow the artist to save time pulling a handle and getting clean edges. Just slice it, cut to length and attach.
- Includes R4 Basic Concave, R5 Middle Ridge and R6 Oval handheld clay extruders.
- Angled, stainless-steel blade leaves clean edges and pulls through clay effortlessly
- Adjustable-depth ski controls thickness of the cut
- A variety of basic and intricate shapes are available
- Wood grain may vary
- Make handles for slab-built pieces
- Ideal for hand builders and useful for throwers
- Consistent shape and adjustable thickness of handles
- Avoid handle pulling
- Works on a variety of clay types
- Blade doesn't need sharpening
- Minimal debris and crumbs to clean up
- Rugged, stainless-steel blades won’t rust or shatter
- Thickness of the foot or handle can be adjusted as desired
- Follow all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
For best results, use these foot and handle-making tools when the clay is not extremely wet or sticky. The clay tool blade should be clean and dry. Ideally, pull the extrusion up and out as it is being formed, or fold back the sides of the slab, so the extrusion pops up and out.