You don’t want to miss our P12 DiamondCore Straight V Tip Carving Tool! This carver is designed for creating shallow, fine, sgraffito lines. DiamondCore’s advanced stainless steel blades and sturdy hardwood handle make this tool a must-have.
Now available with the classic, striped wood or with a limited-edition, sable-colored wood handle till sold out.
- V Tip Straight stainless-steel blade
- 140 mm (5.5-inch) long pencil-type hardwood handle
- A must-have for creating fine, sgraffito lines
- Provides easy depth control for good line work
- Can carve bone dry or leather-hard clay
- Adjustable blade angle
- Wood grain may vary
- Carving deep or shallow
- Carving clay (in the “beak down” position)
- Sgraffito (in the “beak up” position)
- Mishima, sculpting, scraping, and more
- Stainless-steel blade never dulls and leaves little to no burrs or debris
- Carve faster and deeper while the blade resists breaking and rusting
- Sharp blade increases efficiency and reduces fatigue
- Not intended for trimming
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
These blades last a really long time carving porcelain and I’ve still gone through many of them. This blade isn’t just my favorite Diamond Core, it’s my favorite clay tool. Invaluable. A billion stars.
A billion thanks for your review, Steve!
This is a very reliable carving tool that I use often in my studio. I love the fine lines it allows me to create. It works best for me with straight lines and geometric designs. It was my first purchase from Diamondcore and got me hooked from the beginning. I still use it often, even though I have a bunch of other carving and sgraffito tools now!
I was a portrait artist before I started doing pottery. Now, a lot of my work features sgraffito and these tools feel natural to use like a pencil. They are strong and have nice grips which give them a high quality look & feel. I love how easily they carve through clay. This tool works well when clay is wet or dry and has two great uses: smooth, blunt, sgraffito carving + deep angled carving. It feels like ASMR just using the tool or watching someone else use it! I love it.