Circles and arcs are some of the most fluid and beautiful designs you can add to your ceramic work. But even with a clear vision and steady hand, it can be difficult to create a single perfect curved line, much less repeat your design around a three-dimensional piece.
Now you can easily carve arcs and circles — again and again — with this innovative tool from our research and design team! Our uniquely designed Arc Carving Metal Rib is the ultimate tool for creating symmetrical arcs on rounded surfaces with DiamondCore’s clay carvers. Once you use this stencil rib, you’ll wonder how you carved intricate, curved patterns without it!
Due to high demand, supplies are running low. Check out our Metal Rib Set 1, which includes the Arc Carving Metal Rib.
- Stainless steel, metal rib with curved cutouts
- 10 cm width by 9.4 cm height (~4 by 3.7 inches)
- Flexible, 0.006-inch thickness
- Five, wide, equidistant, expanding arc edges
- Equidistant, expanding marking holes on metal arcs
- Three centering circles on tool’s sternum
- Thumb indent and DiamondCore Tools logo at top of tool
- Flexible rib can bend to lie flat on curved, 3D surfaces
- Marking holes help you layout a design before carving
- Centering circles to envision complete circle, align curves
- Create and replicate near-infinite patterns from tool’s features
- Thumb indent helps keep tool in place in your hand
MRIB SET1: Metal rib set including Small Rib, Large Rib and Arc Carving Rib
- Use metal arc edges with care
- Observe all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children