The D102 Micro Rotary Flat End Taper tip is essential for drilling or cleaning out very small holes. It’s perfect for drilling new holes in jewelry or creating little details in other projects. It must constantly be used with water to avoid damage to the bit. This DiamondCore® tool will make a huge difference when you need to make any small opening.
- Diamond Grit hole drill
- 1 mm (dia.) x 8 mm, flat end taper shape
- 1.6 mm diameter shaft
- Clearing out or drilling small holes in bisque or high-fired ceramics
- Removing sharp edges
- Cleanup of bisque spots
- Ream out an existing hole to make it larger
- Works on ceramic, tile, stone, or glass
- Rapid removal of unwanted material
- Long lifespan if used properly
- Controls dust when used with water
- Follow all safety precautions
- Always wear safety goggles
- Always use with water to extend tool life and control dust
- Must be constantly used with water to avoid overheating
- Use a cordless rotary tool to avoid water mixing with electricity
- While drilling, ream out the hole first to prevent jamming
- Be sure to clean and remove all debris
- Do not attempt to force or pry with this tool
- Keep out of the reach of children
Technique note: To increase the tool's longevity, use water, high speed, and gentle pressure.
- Fits with the DiamondCore® Tools Dremel Collet Set
I bought this tiny drill head because I had a piece I made with about 60 ish holes, and 13 were glazed closed. It worked exactly as I needed it to. The only issue I had was that it is a VERY small thin diameter and my Dremel chuck was a little bigger. I eventually squeezed it to hold. I can’t afford to buy a new Dremel so I just tightened it way too far….. but I saved my piece. Bottom line, I was very happy with he drill bit.