- 60 grit (coarse) for rough heavy clay or glaze
- 120 grit (medium) general purpose
- 200 grit (fine) for smoothing
- 400 grit (extra fine) for smoothing
- 800 grit (ultra fine) for polishing
- 1500 grit (ultra fine) for further polishing
- Smooth off high-fired clay, glaze, bisque, tile, stone or glass
- Diamond grit work faster than sandpaper
- Removing a sharp chipped edge
- Fewer strokes and less force are required
- Smoothing the foot or the sides and rim of a ceramic piece
- Can be used wet or dry (doesn't deteriorate in water)
- Far outlast sandpaper
- Far less fatigue than sandpaper
- Much easier and faster than other type of type of abrasive
- Smooths foot to prevent scratching a table
- Prevents sharp edge on foot from snagging a tablecloth
- Use all safety precautions
- Use with water or respirator to prevent small particles from entering airways
- To avoid delamination, do not soak in water; wet your ceramics rather the pad
- Keep out of the reach of children
Our flexible diamond sanding pad smoothing a crystalline glazed porcelain mug wayyyyyyy faster than sandpaper and doesn't wear out! 💎 🏺 🔥 #pottery #diamondgrinding #ceramicsart #instapottery #wheelthrown #carving #zebratools #cerámica #potteryvideos #crystallineglaze #porcelain #harderbetterfasterstronger #ceramicgamechangers
It's been five years since I ordered my first sanding pad from Diamond Core Tools and I am as wowed by the smoothing level of this latest pad I got as I was with the first one I ever bought. They last quite a long time (at least a year per pad) for me and, at their size, are very handy to bring along to shows in case I missed a spot on a pot.
I've spread the word about these pads since then and even purchased them as gifts for my potter friends. I've bought all their iterations (rounded edges, square edges, semi-flex type, file sets, and most recently the sanding sheets) and will be buying them as long as I make pots. The quickness and level of smoothness I can get from half the effort as when I used to use regular sandpaper is amazing and has probably saved my wrists from repetitive motion syndrome. I highly recommend all Diamond Core Tools' smoothing tools!
I bought a new sanding pad in July and the sanding pad and sponge separated after one month. Communicated with Diamond Core and they promptly sent me a new one, but also told me that its best to wet the piece and NOT the sponge. Maybe that needs to be clearer so people dont have this problem?? Overall , I've used these types of pads for about 2 years and am very happy with them them.
Thank you for your review and suggestion, Joanne. We have added that detail to the product description. Hope your new sanding pad works great for you for a long time!
These flexible diamond pads do an amazing job at smoothing off the bases of pots which I thought were already smooth enough. I went up to 400 grit. They feel like they'll last forever too! Very impressed.
This was a gift to someone who had used the product before but with a coarser grit. The recipient was very happy with the finer grit. According to her, it works extremely well. Good value for the money.