The 8" Diamond Grinding Disc from DiamondCore® Tools is the perfect grind disc for pottery pieces. These diamond sanding discs are faster than sandpaper or silicon carbide with much less fatigue. Choose from 60, 120 or 240 grit sizes depending on your diamond sanding disc needs.
Diamond Sanding Discs Installation: Select a smooth, clean, flat waterproof bat to dedicate. Draw centering rings on the bat. Peel and remove the red film from the back of the grind disc. Place the grind disc in the center on the bat, adhesive side down taking care to keep in the center. Press down and keep a weight of 25 pounds on it overnight while flat for maximum bond.
- 8" Diamond Grinding Discs "POTSAVERS"
- Adhesive-backed metal plate with diamonds fused on
- Diamond grit has a 7000 hardness rating (silicon carbide abrasive is only rated at 2400 hardness)
- 60 grit - coarse - heavy glaze or high-fired clay removal
- 120 grit - medium - general purpose/pot leveling
- 240 grit - fine - smoothing
- Permanently attached to a bat for sanding with pottery wheel
- Remove high-fired glaze drips or high-fired ceramic
- Leveling a warped pot
- Grinding tile, stone or glass
- Leveling kiln shelf posts and furniture
- Grind a chipped pot
- Long lifespan if used properly with water
- Dust is controlled with water use
- Much longer lasting than silicon carbide
- Multiple grit sizes available
- Easy peel-and-stick adhesive backing
- Faster than silicon carbide or sandpaper
- Far less fatigue than other sanding methods
- Use all safety precautions
- Always use safety goggles
- Be certain that debris does not get into moist, usable clay
- Carefully clean splash pans to remove all sharp debris
- Always use with water to maximize tool life and control dust
- Do not attempt to force grinding
- Take care to avoid skin removal
- Keep out of the reach of children
Note: Always use water, high speed and gentle pressure. "Let the diamonds do the work." Overheating the tool will greatly decrease its lifespan.
I use the 120 grit for my porcelain mugs and it has been the biggest lifesaver in evening out the bottoms so they don’t rock! After using this I go in with the 400 grit diamond flex pad. I get so many complements on my smooth mug bottoms from customers! This tool is a studio essential!
This product works great! My only complaint is if you buy it already mounted on a bat, they use one
of those hollow bats. Grinding on the hollow bat is loud.