The 12" Diamond Grinding Discs on 12" Bats complete assortment comes with a 60-grit coarse grinding disc, a 120-grit general grinding disc and a 240-grit fine grinding disc. They last longer and provide better results than silicon carbide abrasives.
- 12" diameter diamond grinding discs "POTSAVERS"
- Adhesive-backed metal plate with diamonds fused on
- Diamond grit has a 7000 hardness rating (silicon carbide abrasive is only rated at 2400 hardness)
- 5 lbs weight
- 60 grit - coarse - heavy glaze or high-fired clay removal
- 120 grit - general - leveling a pot or grinding
- 240 grit - fine - smoothing
- Permanently attached to a bat for pottery wheel use
- Remove high-fired glaze drips or high-fired ceramic
- Level a warped pot
- Grind tile, stone, or glass
- Level kiln shelf posts and furniture
- Premounted on a rigid plastic bat
- 9" and 10" bat pin spacing
- Long lifespan if used properly with water
- Dust is controlled with water use
- Lasts longer than silicon carbide
- Multiple grit sizes available
- Faster than silicon carbide
- Faster than sandpaper
- Better results
- Less fatigue than other sanding methods
- Use all safety precautions
- Always use safety goggles
- Be certain that debris does not get into moist, usable clay
- Carefully clean splash pans to remove all sharp debris
- Always use with water to maximize tool life & control dust
- Do not attempt to force grinding
- Take care to avoid skin removal
- Keep out of the reach of children
Note: Always use water, high speed and gentle pressure. “Let the diamonds do the work.” Overheating the tool will decrease tool lifespan.
I love working with glazes that have a lot of movement inside the kiln. Sometimes the drips are more than I hoped for and there is some grinding necessary. These sanding disks make clean up a breeze and they are worth every penny!