The R4 Concave Handheld Clay Extruder from DiamondCore® Tools has an angled, stainless-steel blade that leaves clean edges and pulls through clay effortlessly to create a handle shape that is concave in the middle.
Now available with the classic, striped wood or with a limited-edition, plum-colored wood handle till sold out.
- Slices through a slab to make a shape that is concave in the middle
- Angled, stainless-steel blade leaves clean edges and pulls through clay effortlessly
- 4 3/8-inch (11 cm)-long hardwood handle
- Great for feet, handles, and more
- Adjustable-depth ski controls the thickness of the cut
- The thumb screw allows for easy ski adjustment
- Max approx. blade width 21 mm X height 14 mm
- Min approx. blade width 21 mm X height 7 mm
- Wood grain may vary
- Make feet for slab-built pieces
- Ideal for hand-builders and useful for throwers
- Consistent shape and adjustable thickness
- So easy to use; avoid all that pulling
- Works on a variety of clay types
- Always-sharp stainless-steel blade won’t rust or shatter
- A variety of basic and intricate shapes are available
- Not designed to be used with extremely wet or sticky clay
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
For best results, use these foot and handle-making tools when the clay is not extremely wet or sticky. The clay tool blade should be clean and dry. Ideally, pull the extrusion up and out as it is being formed or fold back the sides of the slab so the extrusion pops up and out.
This tool creates the most perfect, simple handle. The concave groove is very comfortable to hold on mugs. Only takes a moment to pull!
I didn't know what to expect when I ordered this tool, but wow, is it ever wonderful! I can make beautiful handles in a fraction of the time that it takes me to use my barrel+dies extruder and with almost no clean-up. I couldn't be more pleased!
If you hate handle pulling (guilty) these are for you! I love how many profiles and shapes are available, really something for everyone. Love the feature that you can adjust thickness, I prefer a slender handle and this can execute it dandy!
This extruded really delivers. I have tried other handle making tools. The results were inconsistent and disappointing. The R4 tool cuts a perfect handle every time. The best part is the ability to set the depth. That’s always been a major issue with other handle making tools. The blade is very sharp and it cuts the clay like butter. There’s no drag like with other tools. The best investment I’ve made in a long time.