Our updated FP1 Fine Point U Tip has the same blade shape as the former PF1 but now comes with an additional grip to ease hand fatigue during intense carving sessions. This 1 mm U-shaped tip is still ideal for fine, detailed sgraffito and for navigating small, difficult-to-reach places.
Now available with the original dark wood or with a limited-edition, light-umber-colored wood handle till sold out.
- 1 mm-diameter U-shaped Tip x 1 mm-wide straight blade
- Beautiful 5.5” (13.9 cm) handcrafted hardwood handle
- Colorful foam grip adds style and comfort to this pottery carving tool
- Ideal for creating fine, clean detail
- Can carve bone dry or leather-hard clay
- Adjustable blade angle for pottery carving
- Comes with one free spare blade; additional blades available for purchase
- Comes with three grips: two on the tool and one extra
- Wood grain may vary
- Designed for shallow carving
- Ideal for carving underglaze on leather hard clay
- A favorite for Sgraffito artists
- Mishima, sculpting, scraping, and more
- Stainless-steel blade never dulls and leaves little to no burrs or debris
- Carve faster and deeper while the blade resists breaking and rusting
- Sharp blade increases efficiency and reduces fatigue
- Not intended for trimming
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
I absolutely love this tool for carving! I am currently working on a tree sculpture and this tool has made carving a game changer! Clean ribbons of clay, flip the tool to pull out any clay boogers/burs (not that it happens often). I have carved plenty on my hand thrown pieces too. Love that it came with a spare tip, it's wicked sharp and I love using it!
Really digging the PF1! I'm switching over to this for all of my fine, detailed carving from a former favorite, the Kemper WS. I'm getting great lines out of this tool, it's comfy and pleasant to use, no burs, and seems long lasting. Carves well even on drier clay. I love that the head is adjustable for carving on curves. So far so good!