DiamondCore® Hole Drills can be used to make holes in bisque or high-fired ceramic, tile, or glass. These hole drills allow you to create a hole after the final high-temp firing without having to calculate shrinkage.
*Select a specific hole drill bit size above to view the corresponding product image
- Diamond hole drills for ceramics
- Select sizes: 3 mm through 100 mm diameters
- Individually priced
- Create holes in bisque or high-fired ceramic, tile, or glass
- Drill holes for plugs, hanging pieces, a drain hole for a plant
- Make holes for fountains, sink basins, fittings, fixtures, etc.
- Create a hole after the final high temp firing
- No need to calculate shrinkage to get the desired size
- Long lifespan if used properly with water
- Dust is controlled with water use
- Shaft size for normal household 3/8" cordless drill
- As the tool wears, a new layer of diamonds is exposed
- Much longer lasting than diamond edge hole drills
- Use all safety precautions
- Always use safety goggles
- Always check to remove the core after each drilling
- Make certain that debris does not get into moist clay
- Always use water to maximize tool life and control dust
- Use a normal cordless drill and avoid getting water in the drill
- Do not attempt to force or pry with this tool
- Keep out of the reach of children
Note: Keep the diamond section of the drill bathed in the water while drilling. Start at a slight angle to get started, then tilt upright and use light pressure and a gentle rotation motion. “Let the diamonds do the work.” For longevity, use water, high speed, and gentle pressure. Overheating the tool will decrease tool lifespan and alter the tool shape.