Squeeze more productivity out of your pottery projects with the practical Pottery Sponge Set 1 from DiamondCore Tools. These essential ceramics accessories come in three finishes — tough, medium and fine — giving you a creative assist whether throwing or hand-building.
Made from long-lasting synthetic material, these soft but strong sponges will be an essential and economical addition to your studio.
- Tough sponge (black) is best for shaping while wheel-throwing. Returns to form after compression and maintains support.
- Medium sponge (purple) is a good compromise for both throwing and finishing. Squishes slightly after compression, conforms to shapes. Smooth finish.
- Fine sponge (light blue) is best for final touch-ups or delicate pieces. Squishes most after compression, flexible, extremely smooth finish.
- Rounded, equilateral triangle pottery sponges
- Stiff when dry, will expand when wet
- 10 cm width by 7.5 cm height (~3.9 by 3 inches) when expanded
- Flexible, 15 mm thickness
- Strong yet soft texture
- DiamondCore logo relief design
- Wetting, shaping, and smoothing clay
- Cleaning excess slip from joined sections
- Softening edges that have been cut, carved, or shaped
- Removing water or debris from tools
- Triangle size fits comfortably in right and left hands
- Durable material retains its form when saturated and after repeated wringing
- Synthetic composition resists odors and staining
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
- SPG1: Tough, Medium, and Fine pottery sponges sold individually
Love this little set and I use them all the time.
I love these new sponges! I used all 3 sponges on different parts of my project and they worked above and beyond what I normally expect and in less time. What would normally take 3 or 4 wipes, they completed in 1 swipe. Exceptional. I love the size of the sponges also.
So far, so good. I've only had them for a week and have only used the fine one because I was throwing porcelain. They have distinctly different textures so I am sure they will be super helpful. I am interested to see how long. they last as compared to the little round yellow sponges.
I love how squishy soft the sponges are!! It's like they are gently hugging my pieces while doing their job! They fold and squeeze to fit the need!
I sculpt and throw. I use these for everything. Very durable. Highly recommend.