Sanding with a potter’s wheel? You need the 12" Diamond Grinding Disc from DiamondCore® Tools! It's available in 3 sizes: 60 grit for coarse, heavy glaze/high-fired clay removal; 120 grit for medium, general-purpose or pot-leveling; and 240 grit for fine-smoothing. These Diamond Grinding Discs are faster than silicon carbide and sandpaper.
Installation: Select a smooth, clean, flat waterproof bat to dedicate. Draw centering rings on the bat. Peel and remove the red film from the back of the disc. Place the disc in the center on the bat adhesive side down, taking care to keep in the center. Press down and keep 25 lbs of weight on it overnight while flat for maximum bond.
- 12" diameter diamond grinding discs "POTSAVERS"
- Adhesive-backed metal plate with diamonds fused on
- Diamond grit has a 7000 hardness rating (silicon carbide abrasive is only rated at 2400 hardness)
- 5 lbs weight
- 60 grit - coarse - heavy glaze or high-fired clay removal
- 120 grit - general - leveling a pot or grinding
- 240 grit - fine - smoothing
- Permanently attached to a bat for pottery wheel use
- Remove high-fired glaze drips or high-fired ceramic
- Level a warped pot
- Grind tile, stone or glass
- Level kiln shelf posts and furniture
- Easy peel-and-stick adhesive backing
- Long lifespan if used properly with water
- Dust is controlled with water use
- Lasts longer than silicon carbide
- Multiple grit sizes available
- Faster than silicon carbide
- Faster than sandpaper
- Better results
- Less fatigue than other sanding methods
- Use all safety precautions
- Always use safety goggles
- Be certain that debris does not get into moist, usable clay
- Carefully clean splash pans to remove all sharp debris
- Always use with water to maximize tool life & control dust
- Do not attempt to force grinding
- Take care to avoid skin removal
- Keep out of the reach of children
Note: Always use water, high speed and gentle pressure. “Let the diamonds do the work.” Overheating the tool will decrease tool lifespan.