If you love to carve intricate Sgraffito detailing and fine lines in your ceramics, the 3-Piece Sgraffito Stylus Set from DiamondCore® Tools is a must-have!
If purchased separately, these Sgraffito tools would cost more than $144. Save money by bundling them and get this set for $129! Learn more about these must-have ceramic tools below.
L1 Diamond Stylus Tool - Needle/1 mm Ball
- Features a rugged diamond “needle” tip on one end and a 1 mm diamond ball tip on the other end
- Beautiful hardwood pencil handles with foam grip
- Ideal for pencil-like freehand carving, fine sgraffito detailing on dry clay, fine carving on drier clay, and cleanup of bisque lines/grooves
L2 Diamond Stylus Tool - 0.7 mm Ball/2 mm Crown
- Features a diamond “crown” tip on one end and a 0.7 mm diamond ball tip on the other end
- Pencil-like foam-grip handle
- Great for freehand carving; sgraffito detailing and arcs on dry clay; carving, shaping, and sculpting on drier clay; and cleanup of bisque lines/grooves
L3 Diamond Stylus Tool - Small Football/Large Football
- Small diamond “football” tip (1.7 mm diameter) on one end and a large diamond “football” tip on the other end (2.5 mm diameter)
- Beautiful hardwood handle with comfortable foam grip
- Use for pencil-like freehand carving; sgraffito detailing on dry clay; carving, shaping, and sculpting on drier clay; and cleanup of bisque lines/grooves
For fine detail carving and sgraffito this three piece package offers 6 choices that will cover every situation. The L1 and L2 give you diversity to create fine to medium lines for carving and sgraffito. The L3 works great for scratching off larger areas of glaze. The sharp diamond surfaces are great for keeping your carving area where you want it, avoiding peeling off the surrounding areas. I am so pleased with the quality of these tools. I also especially love how light weight they are in my hand. As well as the comfy finger cushions that they come with. So if I am carving for 8 hours straight I am not feeling as fatigued in my hands as I do when using other companies heavy and bulky tools. Once you move to DiamondCore it is impossible to go back to bulky tools!!
I was a portrait artist before I started doing pottery. Now, a lot of my work features sgraffito and these tools feel natural to use like a pencil. They are strong and have nice grips which give them a high quality look & feel. Each end of the tools give different groove shapes; some thin, wide, sharp, etc. Together, they allow me to draw figures with a dynamic look & diverse lines! I love how easily they carve through clay, especially when bone dry.