Our 8" Diamond Grinding Disc on a 12" Bat is the perfect choice for removing high-fired glaze drips or high-fired ceramic! It's important to always use water, high speed, and gentle pressure when using our diamond grinding discs. Overheating the tool will greatly decrease its lifespan. “Let the diamonds do the work!”
- 8" Diamond Grinding Discs, aka POTSAVERS, on 12" bat
- Adhesive-backed metal plate with diamonds fused on
- Diamond grit has a 7000 hardness rating
- Rigid plastic bat has both 9" and 10" bat pin spacing
- 60 grit, coarse: for heavy glaze or high-fired clay removal
- 120 grit, medium: for general purpose/pot leveling
- 240 grit, fine: for smoothing
- Due to high demand, bat color may vary
- Permanently attached to a bat for pottery wheel use
- Remove high-fired glaze drips or high-fired ceramic
- Leveling a warped pot
- Grinding tile, stone or glass
- Leveling kiln shelf posts and furniture
- Grind a chipped pot
- Long lifespan if used properly with water
- Dust is controlled with water use
- Multiple grit numbers available
- Faster, longer lasting than silicon carbide & sandpaper
- Less fatigue than other sanding methods
- Always use safety goggles
- Be certain that debris does not get into moist, usable clay
- Carefully clean splash pans to remove all sharp debris
- Always use with water to maximize tool life and control dust
- Do not attempt to force grinding
- Take care to avoid skin removal
- Follow all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
Love this item. My mugs and some bowls are all stable and neat in 1 minute. Love this. Made my wheel thrown life easier.
This is a great set of grinding bats. Literally cuts your work in half and looks wonderful.
I use porcelain clay so the 120 grit is perfect for leveling mug bottoms and smoothing them out. It takes less than a minute per mug, and then I go in with a 400 grit flex pad afterwards to finish. I get so many complements about my smooth mug bottoms from my customers!
Until I found Diamondcore Tools, I used to shop a lot of hardware stores and automotive stores trying to find what I needed to fix my problems . You guys have made it so easy, being a pottery shop as well the tool guys to fix our problems. I love the sanding disc! Makes life so much easier when I don’t have to completely trash a piece because of the glaze running. Using a grinding wheel sometimes makes the whole chunk come off. That just ruined the piece. You make my world a whole lot better. Thank you. Everything I have ordered works exactly like you say it will. No issues with anything I’ve purchased. Love it all!
Easy to mount on the wheel with bat-pins, either 9” or 10” pin spacing, and switching bats to change grit is simple. At fastest wheel speed, and a copious amount of water to eliminate clogging of the diamond grits, these grinder bats truly do a wonderful job of flattening a bottom, rounding bottom edges, or cutting away glaze drips. Cleanup is easy with water and a stiff bristle brush. I am so impressed with their function !!! Thank you Diamond Core for having these 👍