The P1 Curved V Tip Carving Tool is a must-have pencil-point carving tool for any ceramic artist’s collection. This pottery tool features DiamondCore® advanced blade technology, so your blade never dulls, and it’s easy to craft clean, crisp lines every time!
Now available with the classic, striped wood or with a limited-edition, sable-colored wood handle till sold out.
- Pencil-point carving tool with “V” tip curved blade
- Perfect for creating fine, clean, straight, or arced lines
- 5-inch (139 mm) long hardwood handle
- Can carve bone dry or leather-hard clay
- Adjustable blade angle
- Wood grain may vary
- Carving deep or shallow
- Carving clay (in the “beak down” position)
- Sgraffito (in the “beak up” position)
- Mishima, sculpting, scraping, and more
- Stainless-steel blade never dulls and leaves little to no burrs or debris
- Carve faster and deeper while the blade resists breaking and rusting
- Sharp blade increases efficiency and reduces fatigue
- Not intended for trimming
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
- DPT: A complete Diamond Set of every P series clay carving tool
- EXPL SET: Our 7-Piece Explorer Set includes the T1, P1, S1, S4, A2, SR and P1-2
- PTR SET1: The 6-piece PTR Set 1 includes the P1, P1-2, T1, R4, S4 XL and M3
- ST SET: The 3-Piece Starter’s Set — the P1, P2 and P5 — is a great intro to our tools
I enjoyed using the P-1 curved cutting tool but after carving 5 leather hard mugs the blade split at the center crease. Not sure if this is the normal life of this blade or if I just received a faulty one.
Thanks for your feedback, Carla. Our stainless steel blades should last longer than just carving 5 leather-hard mugs. We're sorry to hear there was an issue with your blade. Please email our customer service team at email@example.com and we can help address that for you.
I love these tools! I'm throwing out all of my Mudtools and upgrading my studio to professional Diamond Core!
This tool is amazing. It carves super clean lines, and it does not snag as you move it through the clay. You can truly create some beautiful designs!
DiamondCore tools are the best carving tools I've used so far