With its arrow-shaped blade, the FP2 Fine Point Arrow Carving Tool is perfect for carving in multiple directions and angles within a tight space. Make clean, crisp, fine lines with the tip of the blade than with a slight twist of the tool, the wider part of the blade can shave off a wider strip.
- ~3.5 mm width arrow-shaped blade
- Beautiful 5-inch (139 mm) handcrafted hardwood handle
- Colorful foam grip adds style and comfort to this pottery carving tool
- Ideal for creating fine, clean detail
- Can carve bone dry or leather-hard clay
- Adjustable blade angle for pottery carving
- Comes with one free spare blade; additional blades available for purchase
- Comes with three grips: two on the tool and one extra
- Wood grain may vary
- Designed for shallow carving
- Ideal for carving underglaze on leather hard clay
- A must-have tool for Sgraffito artists
- Mishima, sculpting, scraping, and more
- Stainless-steel blade never dulls and leaves little to no burrs or debris
- Carve faster and get fine detail or wider shaving by slight blade rotation
- Sharp blade increases efficiency and reduces fatigue
- Not intended for trimming
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
I recently carved up some crazy, flowing patterns on a planter- has a Van Gogh flow. I sat at the wheel after trimming the piece and carved for over an hour, meticulously. I didn't realize that several others at the community studio were paying attention and loving it! I'm pretty new to regular pottery making, but I love these tools and look forward to buying even more! Helps that the pottery community brag about them too!
I love this tool! I used to do all of my carving with the P11 V Tip (which I still really like), but this one makes carving curved, organic lines so much easier! The P11 is better for geometric shapes and straight lines. I mostly carve flowers, leaves, and other curved shapes and this is perfect for my process. I can’t wait to get more of these fine pointed carving tools! I also think it’s much easier to use with the large egg shaped grip. So many new possibilities!