Sanding is crucial for making your ceramic, glass, or lapidary projects smooth and professional. At DiamondCore® Tools, we make it easy for you to remove imperfections with special diamonds that resist clogging and far outlast other sanding products on the market.
We’ve compiled a list of our seven best-selling sanding tools that every artist needs in their studio.
1. 5-Piece Diamond Sandpaper Set
If you have trouble smoothing small and detailed areas, the Diamond Sandpaper Set is perfect for you. Our sandpaper lasts much longer than traditional sandpaper, requiring fewer strokes and less force to get the job done on bone dry, bisque, high-fired, or glazed clay, glass, tile, and stone.
Our sandpaper is water-resistant, so you can use it wet to minimize dust while working.
The diamond sanding paper comes in 2.5” x 4” pieces and grit sizes that include 120, 200, 400, 800, and 1500.
“This is unlike any sandpaper I've ever used before. It's really flexible with a rubbery feel backing. Great for sanding bisque as it conforms to the shape of the pot really well :)” - Matt
2. 8-Piece Mini Circular Diamond Pad Set
The Mini Circular Diamond Pads with hook-and-loop backs make it easy to sand and polish all of your artistic projects. Each 25mm pad attaches to any rotary tool with the included 3mm shaft.
Quickly smooth high-fired clay, bisque, tile, stone, or glass to get a finished look on all small features. We recommend using this set for any small imperfections that you want to remove quickly.
The eight-piece set includes:
- 60 grit (coarse) for rough heavy clay or glaze (green)
- 120 grit (medium) general purpose (black)
- 240 grit (fine) for smoothing (red)
- 400 grit (extra fine) smoothing (yellow)
- 800 grit (super fine) smoothing (white)
- 1500 grit (ultra fine) polishing (blue)
- 3000 grit (ultra fine) polishing (orange)
“Received these as a gift and had the opportunity to use them today. They made short work of polishing the small items I used them on. Couldn't be easier.” - Valarie
3. Flexible Diamond Sanding Strip Set
If you’re looking for a solution for smoothing rough, tight spots, the Flexible Diamond Sanding Strip Set is for you. Remove imperfections much faster than traditional sandpaper on bone dry, bisque, high-fired or glazed clay, glass, tile, and stone.
If you primarily use a potter's wheel, wet the sanding strip and spin the wheel to achieve a smooth finish. You’ll be amazed at how quickly you can smooth and finalize your projects.
The five ¾” x 7” sanding strips in this set include:
- 60 (green)
- 120 (brown)
- 200 (red)
- 400 (yellow)
- 800 (white)
4. 6-Piece Flexible Diamond Sanding Pads w/ Rounded Corners
DiamondCore’s Six-Piece Flexible Diamond Sanding Pads with Rounded Corners are a customer favorite for a reason. Use these sanding pads with some water to smooth surfaces easier than other abrasive pads on the market.
The 2.5” x 2.5” pads with ¼” foam backing make them comfortable to use in extended studio sessions, and the uniform diamonds make them less susceptible to clogging. The grit sizes include:
- 60 grit (coarse) sanding pad for rough heavy clay or glaze
- 120 grit (medium) sanding pad for general purpose
- 200 grit (fine) sanding pad for smoothing
- 400 grit (extra fine) sanding pad for further smoothing
- 800 grit (ultra fine) sanding pad for polishing
- 1500 grit (ultra fine) sanding pad for further polishing
“This is going down as one of my favorite pottery purchases ever! I use speckled clay a lot and love the look of the clay unglazed but it’s so gritty. It took not even 10 seconds to smooth each piece with these sanding pads!!” - Elizabeth
5. 4-Piece 25mm Spiral Band Set
Effortlessly sand contoured areas faster than ever before with our Four-Piece 25mm Spiral Band Set.
The spiral band set works on bisque, high-fired, and glazed clay, glass, tile, and stone, making them the perfect choice for any artistic endeavor. They’re excellent for smoothing rounded areas and for removing sharp edges on handles, rims, and feet.
This set includes a rubber mandrel to attach to a cordless drill (not for Dremel drills).
Remember always to use the spiral band set with water to prevent dust from accumulating.
Grits in this set include:
6. 8-Piece Hook-and-Loop-Back Pads w/ Free Block
The highly flexible Eight-Piece Hook-and-Loop-Back Pads with Free Block can be used on or off of the block for all of your sanding needs. Each pad is 93mm x 57mm, allowing you to smooth high-fired clay, glaze, bisque, tile, stone, and glass.
Artists around the globe are using our hook-and-loop backs to smooth the feet or sides of ceramics, preventing projects from scratching tables or snagging cloth.
As you’re working, choose between one of the seven grit options available with this set:
- 60 grit (coarse) sanding pad for rough heavy clay or glaze (green)
- 120 grit (medium) sanding pad for general purpose (black)
- 200 grit (fine) sanding pad for smoothing (red)
- 400 grit sanding pad for smoothing (yellow)
- 800 grit sanding pad for smoothing (white)
- 1500 grit sanding pad for polishing (blue)
- 3000 grit sanding pad for polishing (orange)
7. Ultimate Diamond Grinding & Sanding Set 1
Level up your sanding game with DiamondCore’s Ultimate Diamond Grinding and Sanding Set 1. This set includes an assortment of our customer favorites, including:
- Diamond File: J12
- Diamond Sandpaper: M6
- 8” Diamond Grinding Disc on 12” Bat: F11
Remove sharp edges and imperfections effortlessly with fewer strokes and less force. Our Grinding Disc attaches to your potter's wheel to quickly smooth away rough spots and level out the foot of your piece.
This set is an excellent choice if you’re having a difficult time deciding which DiamondCore® sanding tools to add to your studio. Elevate your collection with these must-have tools.
Try DiamondCore® Sanding Tools for Yourself
From flexible sanding pads that effortlessly smooth details to spiral band sets that tackle rough spots, DiamondCore® Tools are designed to elevate each and every artistic project. With durability at the forefront, our sanding tools will quickly become your new favorites in your studio.
If you have any questions about our sanding tools, we’re here to help. Leave a comment or get in touch with our team on Facebook and Instagram. We can’t wait to see what you’re creating.